11+ Courses – Redbridge
SDE 11+ Courses in Redbridge (written by Susan for CEM 11+ candidates)
The 11+ test papers for the Redbridge Grammar Schools are now (since 2014) provided by CEM Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring. Susan Daughtrey Education has been preparing students for CEM 11+ tests in Buckinghamshire and other areas since 2013 (having provided 11+ Courses since 1987).
The Redbridge CEM 11+ tests comprise:
- Verbal Reasoning (including comprehension and vocabulary)
- Numerical Reasoning
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
Redbridge SDE 11+ Courses – syllabus and materials
Susan Daughtrey M.Ed, author of the verbal reasoning Technique and Practice series of books, has completely rewritten her Buckinghamshire 11+ courses for the purpose of preparing students for the CEM 11+ tests which were first used there in 2013. This material has not been published and is only available to students enrolled on Susan Daughtrey Education’s 11+ courses.
Year 4 and Year 5 Redbridge 11+ Courses
The programme begins with the 11+ Foundation Course which beings in January when your child is in Year 4. The 11+ Foundation Course runs for 30 weeks during term time only and concludes in October (when your child is in Year 5). Each class last 1 1/2 hours. The focus of this course is to improve the personal performance and enhance the skills of those children who intend to join the 2017-18 SDE 11+ Course which begins in November (when your child will be in Year 5). The Year 5 Course then continue all the way to September 2018 when your child will enter Year 6 at school and write the Redbridge 11+ tests.
Redbridge course venue
SDE’s Redbridge 11+ Courses are identical to the SDE 11+ Courses in Buckinghamshire (apart form the timetable and course venues) and take place at Oaks Park High School, IG2 (which is close to the A12).
Features of Susan Daughtrey Education Courses in Redbridge
SDE’s Redbridge 11+ Courses include the following features:
- A Prep-Bag™ containing Course materials is given to each child at the beginning of the Course.
- A Parents’ Meeting giving detailed information about the Courses, and offering parents the opportunity for discussion and to have any queries answered, is held at the beginning of the Year 5 Course.
- The Course focuses on teaching your child the techniques required to successfully approach each type of question.
- Standardised Assessments monitor the child’s progress in Verbal Reasoning, Maths and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- Test paper practice sessions are set in class under examination conditions throughout the year.
- Holiday homework, to continue familiarity and practice, is set on a scheduled homework programme during Year 5.
The overwelming majority of the in-class Course resources have been written by Susan for the Course.
Summer Revision and Testing Course
For students who have not attended the SDE 11+ Course (Year 5) throughout the year, we offer a 20 hour-long intensive ‘Revision and Testing’ Course over 5 days during the summer holidays. This Course is aimed at those students who have been preparing for the 11+ during Year 5 and who would benefit from additional revision and test paper practice.
If you would like your details to be entered on the Susan Daughtrey Education database so that you receive information about current or future Susan Daughtrey Education Courses, please complete the form below. A member of the team will then contact you by return.