11+ Courses – Mill Hill
SDE’s 11+ Courses in Finchley prepare Year 4 and Year 5 students for 11+ tests provided by GL Assessment.
Course syllabus and materials
The Course syllabus, lesson plans and unpublished materials used in the class have been written by Susan specifically for the Courses.
The 11+ Foundation Course (Year 4) involves 1 1/2 hours of tuition per week (30 classes) and the Year 5 Courses 2 hours tuition per week (32 classes). Homework is set weekly and takes between 1 1/2 and 4 hours to complete depending on the stage of preparation and the work covered in the previous lesson. All class and homework resources are provided by SDE as part of the Course and are included in the Course fee.
Year 4 and Year 5 Courses
The following Courses are offered at the SDE venue in Finchley:
- 11+ Foundation Course (January of Year 4 to October half term of Year 5)
- 11+ Course (Year 5 students) (November of Year 5 to the 11+ test at the beginning of Year 6)
- 11+ Refresher Course (reserved for Year 5 students who have attended the term-time Year 5 11+ Course)
- 11+ Summer Course (Revision and Testing) (taking place during the school summer holidays a few weeks before the 11+ test)
Full Course Prospectuses are available on request, subject to availability – please complete the form below and we will email the Course details to you by return.
SDE’s Finchley 11+ Courses take place on a Sunday at The Eversfield Centre, 11 Eversfield Gardens, Mill Hill, London NW7 2AE.
Features of Susan Daughtrey Education Courses in Mill Hill
SDE’s Mill Hill 11+ Courses include the following features:
- A Prep-Bag™ containing Course materials is given to each child at the beginning of the Course.
- A Parents’ Meeting giving detailed information about the Courses, and offering parents the opportunity for discussion and to have any queries answered, is held at the beginning of the Year 5 Course.
- The Course focuses on teaching your child the techniques required to successfully approach each type of question.
- Regular ‘mini’ and periodic ‘progress’ tests are administered throughout the Courses to help monitor your child progress.
- Test paper practice sessions are set in class under examination conditions in the final part of the Year 5 Course.
- Holiday homework, to continue familiarity and practice, is set on a scheduled homework programme during Year 5.
The majority of the in-class Course resources have been written by Susan specifically for the Course.
A Refresher Course comprising three days at the end of the school summer holidays gives the opportunity for intensive revision. The Refresher Course is an optional extra and is only available to the students who have attended the SDE 11+ Course (Year 5) throughout the school year.
Summer Revision and Testing Course
For students who have not attended the SDE 11+ Course (Year 5) throughout the year, we offer a 20 hour intensive ‘Revision and Testing’ Course over 5 days during the summer holidays. This Course is aimed at those students who have been preparing for the 11+ during Year 5 and who would benefit from additional revision and test paper practice. The Summer Revision and Testing Course is not suited to students who have attended the SDE 11+ Course (Year 5) throughout the year; these students should opt for the Refresher Course.
Susan Daughtrey Education’s Courses in Mill Hill/Finchley are instructed by Warren Barns BA Hons (PGCE) who has taught SDE’s 11+ courses (in Redbridge and now also in Mill Hill/Finchley) for the past six years. Warren is an outstanding primary school teacher and 11+ tutor with over 17 years teaching experience.
If you would like your details to be entered on the Susan Daughtrey Education database so that you receive information about current or future Susan Daughtrey Education Courses, please complete the form below.