11+ Mock Exam Event Manager
Part time/ temporary position, 27th April to 8th September 2019 (mostly weekend bookings or during the school holiday) – various locations
Salary: £120 (half day) £200 (full day)
- Take responsibility for the safety and welfare of children, parents and other staff attending each SDE 11+ Mock Exam Event (“Mock Exam Event”) and to direct the other SDE staff appropriately in order to ensure the safe and successful operation of each Mock Exam Event.
- Prepare for each Mock Exam Event, ensuring you have everything you need for the event (using the checklist(s) provided by SDE). Ensure that SDE staff have re-confirmed the accommodation at least 7 days prior to the event and to assure yourself that you have access to the venue for the event (e.g that you have any keys or access details that may be required);
- To ensure/check with Head Office that you have sufficient staff in light of the expected attendance at the Mock Exam Events with appropriate DBS vetting documentation;
- To follow the detailed written instructions regarding the operation of the Mock Exam Event and, in particular to ensure:
- each child is registered before being allowed access to the exam room / hall;
- each parent reconfirms their emergency contact number at registration;
- each child is given a name sticker at registration, so they can be quickly identified by name in the event of an emergency where the child is unable to speak; and
- each child leaves safely with their parent / the adult charged with collecting the child; and
- that you take responsibility for overseeing and directing staff at the Mock Exam Event to help ensure the Mock Exam Event is conducted safely and successfully for all participants and staff.
- To ensure that all exam papers (question papers and answer sheets) are collected at the end of the exam. All papers must then be returned to the SDE Head Office for marking.
Knowledge, Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you would have:
- Previous experience of working with children aged 9 & 10.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work under pressure while maintaining attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritise and balance conflicting demands.
- The flexibility to respond to situations as they arise.
- Experience of working and managing other staff in order to ensure the smooth running of each event.
- Willingness to drive to various locations within the specified region.
SDE is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfactory references.