Skip to Mock Exam OptionsWho can attend?
In 2020, SDE’s CEM-style 11+ Mock Exams are taking place in the following locations:
- Chelmsford, Essex
- Redbridge, London
The test papers for these Sessions have been written by Susan Daughtrey M.Ed., the 11+ tutor and author, to help students who are preparing to write the CSSE 11+ tests.
How many Sessions do you offer?
In each location there are four Sessions: Sessions A – D.
The test papers at each Session are unique (i.e. no repeat questions).
Most parents book all four Sessions and use the Mock Exams as part of their child’s final preparation for the CSSE 11+.
What is the agenda for each Session?
At each Session we will emulate, as far as reasonably practicable, your child’s most likely experience on the day of the real CSSE 11+ tests. To this end, in each location our CSSE-style 11+ Mock Exam Sessions, include the following features:
- The Session starts with the CSSE-style 11+ English test (60 mins);
- There is then a short break; and
- Followed by the CSSE-style 11+ Maths test (60 mins).
Each test is conducted under formal exam conditions. A clock is present at the front of the room and the start and end times of each test are written on a board. The examiner will periodically call out the time, to help the children manage their timing. These arrangements are similar to the circumstances your child can expect on the day of the real CSSE 11+ tests.
What other features are there?
- SDE’s test papers contain questions which Susan Daughtrey M.Ed expects to be of a similar style and level of difficulty to the questions on the ‘real’ CSSE 11+ tests;
- All venues have been carefully appraised by SDE and found to be suitable for 11+ mock exams; and
- All venues feature free parking.
What feedback can I expect after each Session?
Within a few days of the Session you will receive:
- A Record Table showing your child’s results including a breakdown of scores for individual areas of each CSSE 11+ test taken.
- An anonymised List of Scores showing the results achieved by the other students who have written the same papers – this will not only enable you to rank your child within the group, but also to see how much improvement is required to progress.
The ‘series’ of four CSSE-style 11+ Mock Exam Sessions have been carefully timed to enable you to prepare your child for the actual Maths and English CSSE 11+ tests.
Early Booking Discount: Save a further £20 when you book 4 or more mock exams in one transaction.
1 Session: £75
2 Sessions: £140 (£70 each, save £10)
3 Sessions: £195 (£65 each, save up to £30)
4 Sessions: £240 (£60 each, save up to £60)
Terms and Conditions
All SDE 11+ Mock Exam Sessions are subject to our mock exam terms and conditions which you can view on the booking page.
Change of date / time / venue and cancellation
You can make unlimited online changes to your bookings (up to 72 hours before the relevant Session start time) via your secure SDE Account. All online changes of date / time / venue are entirely automated. This service is available to you 24/7 and is free of charge.
If you cancel your booking, we will apply a cancellation of charge of £20 to help cover our card processing fees and administration costs. Our fees will also be recalculated if you are cancelling part of a booking (e.g one test in a multiple booking). Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for full details.
Once you have paid for the Session(s), you will automatically receive a Receipt and a Booking Confirmation (two separate emails).
How to book
- Review the timetable and click ‘Book Now’;
- Complete the simple Registration Form; and
- Pay for your Session(s).
|A||Sunday 24th May 2020||10.30AM to 12.45PM||Book Now|
|B||Sunday 14th June 2020||10.30AM to 12.45PM||Book Now|
|C||Sunday 5th July 2020||10.30AM to 12.45PM||Book Now|
|D||Sunday 16th August 2020||10.30AM to 12.45PM||Book Now|
Seven Kings School
494 Ley Street
|A||Sunday 17th May 2020||10.30am to 12.45pm||Book Now|
|B||Sunday 21st June 2020||10.30am to 12.45pm||Book Now|
|C||Sunday 26th July 2020||10.30am to 12.45pm||Book Now|
|D||Sunday 6th September 2020||10.30am to 12.45pm||Book Now|