11+ Mock Exams
In 2023, SDE’s GL Assessment-style 11+ Mock Exams (with Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition®) for the Gloucestershire 11+ tests (new format for the 2023 exams) take place at Cleeve School, Cheltenham.
The test papers for these Sessions have been written by Susan Daughtrey Education to help students who are preparing to write the GL Assessment® Verbal Reasoning, English, Maths and Non-Verbal Reasoning Gloucestershire 11+ tests.
Gloucestershire 11+ tests by GL Assessment (new for 2023)
The test papers to be used at the SDE 11+ Mock Exams in Gloucestershire in 2023 were originally written by Susan Daughtrey for Buckinghamshire GL Assessment 11+ candidates, where a very similar test arrangement to the new Gloucestershire 11+ tests was adopted in 2018 (prior to this Buckinghamshire also used CEM 11+ tests).
In Buckinghamshire, SDE is the market leading 11+ Mock Exam and 11+ Course provider, with thousands of 11+ candidates attending SDE 11+ Mock Exams and 11+ Courses in the county each year.
The test papers for Sessions A, B, C, D and E were written in 2018, Session F in 2019 and Session G in 2020. The test papers have been sat by thousands of students and there is already a huge body of comparative data available.
Pupils are reporting to SDE after the real Buckinghamshire GL Assessment 11+ tests that the Susan Daughtrey 11+ Mock Exams are very similar to the real GL Assessment tests and the closest of all the 11+ Mock Exam tests they sat in preparation for the real GL Assessment 11+ tests.
We are delighted to bring this unrivalled experience to bear by offering the same test papers for use at the SDE 11+ Mock Exams in Gloucestershire in 2023.
How many Sessions do you offer?
There are seven Sessions: Sessions A – G.
The test papers at each Session are unique (i.e. no repeat questions).
What is the agenda for each Session?
At each Session we will emulate, as far as reasonably practicable, your child’s most likely experience on the day of the real GL Assessment 11+ Gloucestershire tests. To this end, in each location our GL Assessment-style 11+ Mock Exams (for Gloucestershire 11+ candidates), include the following features:
- Two test papers:
- Test Paper 1 is a verbal reasoning test comprising: (a) comprehension; (b) cloze (multiple choice, GL-style); (c) technical English (proof reading); and (d) verbal reasoning questions (typically from the ’21 Types’ of verbal reasoning question);
- Test paper 2 comprises: non-verbal reasoning (including spatial reasoning) sections (of which there are usually four short sections) and a maths section.
- Each test contains 45 minutes of questions.
- The tests are multiple choice with a question paper and separate multiple-choice answer sheet.
- The tests are administered using audio administration and the test papers contain separately timed sections.
- Prior to each timed Section within the test paper, the Instructions for the questions in that Section and an example of each type of question are presented (and read out audibly by the audio administration) and there is then a short period to attempt several practice questions (the answers to which are subsequently read out by the audio administration).
What is Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition®?
All SDE 2023 GL-style 11+ Mock Exams include the unique and innovative Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® service as standard.
Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® is a significant video production and IT project, involving the creation of more than 5000 short video tutorials, each typically 1-4 minutes in length, together with an online video streaming platform, so the video tutorials can be watched by you and your child at home. We have created a video tutorial for every question on our series of seven GL-style 11+ Mock Exams (as well as many of our other exam formats used in other areas).
Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® is designed to target your child’s individual learning needs. For each question your child answers incorrectly on the tests our bespoke online software (accessed via your secure parent login to the SDE website) will provide you with access to:
- Your child’s wrong answer selection;
- A link to a short video tutorial, devised and narrated by Susan Daughtrey M.Ed, which can be streamed from home and which includes the following:
- The test question number, test question and multiple-choice answer options that appeared on the question paper;
- Where relevant (e.g for VR questions), an explanation of the technique or method that Susan Daughtrey recommends your child uses to answer the question;
- Where relevant (e.g for Maths questions), working out is shown on screen in a step-by-step fashion, with Susan Daughtrey explaining the process she recommends your child should follow to answer the question correctly; and
- Finally, the correct answer is shown on screen.
You can pause, rewind and re-watch the video tutorials provided as part of the SDE 11+ Mock Exam feedback as many times as you like, until the 11+ exams in September 2023.
Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® has been devised with the specific objectives of giving your child the opportunity to: (a) learn from their mistakes; and (b) improve future exam performance. This is a unique and innovative resource, which responds to your child’s individual learning requirements by identifying only the questions your child answered incorrectly on the test papers and addressing those wrongly answered questions through the deployment of a video tutorial.
This is simply a fantastic way to revise with your child and was described by one very satisfied parent, as a “game-changer”.
What other feedback can I expect after each Session?
Feedback is provided via a secure parent login to the SDE website.
This feedback includes:
- A Letter to Parents providing a detailed description of the type of questions which appeared on the test papers, a A Target Mark™ and lists of the more complex vocabulary from the actual test papers;
- A Record Table™ which shows your child’s score in each element of the test papers, a total score for each test and a combined score for the two tests. Next to your child’s scores, we also provide the group average score to help you identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses, relative to the other candidates (there are usually many other students to compare your child’s results to as the Sessions are extremely popular);
- Group List of Scores – this list contains the anonymised scores of the students attending the 11+ Mock Exam Session on the same weekend and usually at the same venue as your child (giving you the most “like-for-like” comparison available as the test papers were written in the same circumstances);
- All Time Lists of Scores – these lists contain the scores of all students who have ever written each set of test papers and is probably the most comprehensive 11+ Mock Exam comparative data available anywhere;
- Access to the unique and innovative Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® service detailed above, so you can see exactly which questions your child answered incorrectly and your child has the benefit of Susan Daughtrey’s explanation of how best to answer the question.
A huge amount of work goes into producing high quality 11+ Mock Exam Papers so please be aware that, in order to protect our intellectual property and to ensure each paper is previously unseen by the students attending the Session, we do not release full Mock Exam Papers. However, you will have access to any questions your child answers incorrectly via Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® to allow you to identify and work on their weak areas.
1 Session: £80
2 Sessions: £150 (£75 each, save £10)
3 Sessions: £210 (£70 each, save £30)
4 Sessions: £260 (£65 each, save £60)
5 Sessions: £300 (£60 each, save £100)
More than 5 Sessions: £60 each
To take advantage of the discounted rates on multiple exam bookings, you must book all tests for the same child and as a single Order.
You can combine these tests with Mock Exams that we run directly at other venues. Simply add these tests to your Cart and continue shopping for SDE 11+ Mock Exam in other areas.
Terms and Conditions
All SDE 11+ Mock Exam Sessions are subject to our mock exam terms and conditions which you can view on the booking page.
Change of date / time / venue and cancellation
You can make changes to your booking free of charge by contacting the SDE Office, at least 72 hours before the Mock Exam takes place.
If you cancel your booking, we will apply a cancellation charge of £20 to help cover our card processing fees and administration costs. Our fees will also be recalculated if you are cancelling part of a booking (e.g one test in a multiple booking). Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for full details and worked examples.
Once you have paid for the Session(s), our system will automatically send you a Receipt and a Booking Confirmation (two separate emails).
How to book
- Review the timetable and click ‘Book Now’;
- Complete the simple Registration Form; and
- Pay for your Session(s) using a credit or debit card.
Two Hedges Road
|A||Sunday 7th May 2023||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Book Now|
|B||Sunday 28th May 2023||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Book Now|
|C||Sunday 18th June 2023||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Book Now|
|D||Sunday 9th July 2023||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Book Now|
|E||Sunday 30th July 2023||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Book Now|
|F||Sunday 13th August 2023||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Book Now|
|G||Sunday 27th August 2023||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Book Now|