In 2022, SDE’s GL-style 11+ Mock Exams for Kent 11+ candidates are taking place at the following locations:
- Canterbury, Kent
- Tonbridge, Kent
The test papers for these Sessions have been written by Susan Daughtrey M.Ed, the tutor and author, to help students who are preparing to write the GL Assessment® English/Maths and Verbal Reasoning/Non-Verbal Reasoning Kent 11+ tests (often referred to as “The Kent Test”).
How many Sessions do you offer?
There are 6 Sessions available: Sessions A – F.
The test papers at each Session are unique (i.e. no repeat questions).
What is the agenda for each Session?
At each Session there are two multiple choice tests:
- Test Paper 1 is a Maths and English test which takes 1 hour. This test is split into two Sections (Section 1, Maths and Section 2, English). Each Section comprises a 5 minute timed practice, followed by 25 minutes of timed test questions. The English Section of the test includes comprehension, cloze and technical English (proof reading) questions and the Maths Section, questions from the Key Stage 2 Maths syllabus (including challenging problem solving questions).
- Test paper 2 is a reasoning test which also lasts 1 hour and comprises verbal reasoning (5 minutes of practice questions and 25 minutes of test questions) and non-verbal reasoning. The non-verbal reasoning (NVR) is divided into several short timed Sections, with each short Section containing a different type of NVR question (prior to each Section there is a very short timed practice of that type of NVR question). The NVR can include types of question which test a child’s grasp of spatial concepts.
What other features are there?
- The tests are multiple choice with a question paper and separate multiple-choice answer sheet.
- Our tests are marked electronically using an Optical Mark Reader (OMR).
- As in the real exam, students are permitted to write their working out on the test paper which is then shredded and recycled after the Session.
- Each test paper has a weighting of 50%.
- The tests are conducted using audio administration and the test papers contain separately timed sections, similar to the real Kent 11+ tests.
- As part of the feedback you will be given access to Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® (see below).
What is Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition®
All SDE 2022 Kent GL-style 11+ Mock Exams include the unique and innovative Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® service as standard.
Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® is a significant video production and IT project, involving the creation of more than 3000 short video tutorials, each typically 1-4 minutes in length, together with an online video streaming platform, so the video tutorials can be watched by you and your child at home. We have created a video tutorial for every question on our Kent GL-style 11+ Mock Exams (as well as many of our other exam formats, including for the SDE CEM-style and GL-style 11+ Mock Exam test papers used in other areas).
Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® is designed to target your child’s individual learning needs. For each question your child answers incorrectly on the tests our bespoke online software (accessed via your secure parent login to the SDE website) will provide you with access to:
- Your child’s wrong answer selection;
- A link to a short video tutorial, devised and narrated by Susan Daughtrey M.Ed, which can be streamed from home and which includes the following:
- The test question number, test question and multiple-choice answer options that appeared on the question paper;
- Where relevant (e.g for VR questions), an explanation of the technique or method that Susan Daughtrey recommends your child uses to answer the question;
- Where relevant (e.g for Maths questions), working out is shown on screen in a step-by-step fashion, with Susan Daughtrey explaining the process she recommends your child should follow to answer the question correctly; and
- Finally, the correct answer is shown on screen.
You can pause, rewind and re-watch the video tutorials provided as part of the SDE 11+ Mock Exam feedback as many times as you like, until the 11+ exams in September 2022.
Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® has been devised with the specific objectives of giving your child the opportunity to: (a) learn from their mistakes; and (b) improve future exam performance. This is a unique and innovative resource, which responds to your child’s individual learning requirements by identifying only the questions your child answered incorrectly on the test papers and addressing those wrongly answered questions through the deployment of a video tutorial.
This is simply a fantastic way to revise with your child and was described by one very satisfied parent, as a “game-changer”.
What other feedback can I expect after each Session?
Feedback is provided via a secure parent login to the SDE website.
This feedback includes:
- A Record Table™ which shows your child’s score in each element of the test papers, a total score for each test and a combined score for the two tests. Next to your child’s scores, we also provide the group average score to help you identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses, relative to the other candidates (there are usually many other students to compare your child’s results to as the Sessions are extremely popular);
- List of Scores – this list contains the anonymised scores of the students attending the 11+ Mock Exam Session.
- Access to the unique and innovative Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® service detailed above, so you can see exactly which questions your child answered incorrectly and your child has the benefit of Susan Daughtrey’s explanation of how best to answer the question.
A huge amount of work goes into producing high quality 11+ Mock Exam Papers so please be aware that, in order to protect our intellectual property and to ensure each paper is previously unseen by the students attending the Session, we do not release full Mock Exam Papers. However, you will have access to any questions your child answers incorrectly via Dynamic Video Tuition® to allow you to identify and work on their weak areas.
1 Session: £75
2 Sessions: £140 (£70 each, save £10)
3 Sessions: £195 (£65 each, save up to £30)
4 Sessions: £240 (£60 each, save up to £60)
5 Sessions: £275 (£55 each, save up to £100)
6 Sessions: £300 (£50 each, save up to £150)
More than 6 Sessions: £50 each
To take advantage of the discounted rates on multiple exam bookings, you must book all tests for the same child and as a single Order.
Terms and Conditions
All SDE 11+ Mock Exam Sessions are subject to our mock exam terms and conditions which you can view on the booking page.
Change of date / time / venue and cancellation
You can make online changes to your bookings (up to 72 hours before the relevant Session start time) via your secure SDE Account. All online changes of date / time / venue are automated. This service is available 24/7and is free of charge.
If you cancel your booking, we will apply a cancellation charge of £20 to help cover our card processing fees and administration costs. Our fees will also be recalculated if you are cancelling part of a booking (e.g one test in a multiple booking). Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for full details and worked examples.
Once you have paid for the Session(s), our system will automatically send you a Receipt and a Booking Confirmation (two separate emails).
How to book
- Review the timetable and click ‘Book Now’;
- Complete the simple Registration Form; and
- Pay for your Session(s) using a credit or debit card.
Hillview School for Girls
|A||Saturday 7th May 2022||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Sold Out
|A||Saturday 7th May 2022||2.00PM to 4.30PM||Sold Out
|B||Saturday 11th June 2022||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Sold Out
|B||Saturday 11th June 2022||2.00PM to 4.30PM||Sold Out
|C||Saturday 25th June 2022||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Sold Out
|C||Saturday 25th June 2022||2.00PM to 4.30PM||Sold Out
|D||Saturday 16th July 2022||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Sold Out
|D||Saturday 16th July 2022||2.00PM to 4.30PM||Sold Out
|E||Saturday 6th August 2022||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Sold Out
|E||Saturday 6th August 2022||2.00PM to 4.30PM||Sold Out
|F||Saturday 27th August 2022||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Sold Out
|F||Saturday 27th August 2022||2.00PM to 4.30PM||Sold Out