Skip to Mock Exam Options
In 2019, SDE’s GL-style 11+ Mock Exams for Kent 11+ candidates are taking place at the following locations:
- Tonbridge, Kent
- Canterbury, Kent
The test papers for these Sessions have been written by Susan Daughtrey M.Ed, the tutor and author, to help students who are preparing to write the GL Assessment® English/Maths and Verbal Reasoning/Non-Verbal Reasoning Kent 11+ tests (often referred to as “The Kent Test”).
Please note GL Assessment® is the official 11+ test provider of The Kent Test. SDE has no association or affiliation with GL Assessment® – our tests are written by the 11+ tutor and author, Susan Daughtrey M.Ed, for children preparing for the ‘real’ Kent 11+ tests which are currently provided by GL Assessment®.
How many Sessions do you offer?
In each location there are 5 Sessions: Sessions A – E.
The test papers at each Session are unique (i.e. no repeat questions).
What is the agenda for each Session?
At each Session there are two multiple choice tests.
- Test Paper 1 is a Maths and English test which will take 1 hour. This test is split into two Sections (Section 1, Maths and Section 2, English). Each Section comprises a 5 minute timed practice, followed by 25 minutes of timed test questions. The English Section of the test includes comprehension, cloze and technical English (proof reading) questions and the Maths Section, questions from the Key Stage 2 Maths syllabus.
- Test paper 2 is a reasoning test which also lasts 1 hour and comprises verbal reasoning (5 minutes of practice questions and 25 minutes of test questions) and non-verbal reasoning. The non-verbal reasoning (NVR) is divided into several short timed Sections, with each short Section containing a different type of NVR question (prior to each Section there is a very short timed practice of that type of NVR question). The NVR can include types of question which test a child’s grasp of ‘spatial concepts’ (‘spatial reasoning’ and ‘3D’).
What other features are there?
- The tests are multiple choice with a question paper and separate multiple-choice answer sheet.
- Our tests are marked electronically using our Optical Mark Reader (OMR).
- As in the real exam, students are permitted to write their working out on the test paper which is then shredded and recycled after the Session.
- Each test paper has a weighting of 50%.
- The tests are conducted using audio administration and the test papers contain separately timed sections, similar to the real Kent 11+ tests.
What feedback can I expect after each Session?
Within a few days of the Session we will send to you by email:
- A Record Table™ which shows your child’s score in each element of the test papers, a total score for each test and a combined score for the two tests – next to your child’s scores, we also provide the group average score to help you identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses, relative to the other candidates;
- A Letter to Parents providing a detailed description of the type of questions which appeared on the test papers, a Target Mark™ and lists of the more complex vocabulary from the actual test papers; and
- An anonymised List of Scores achieved by other students who have written the same test papers – this will not only enable you to rank your child within the group, but also to see how much improvement is required to progress.
In common with other 11+ mock exam providers and in order to provide parents with accurate feedback, including the child’s rank within the group, please note that the test papers and your child’s multiple-choice answer sheets are NOT released – as well as protecting the copyright in these unique and valuable resources, this is to ensure that no student has seen the test papers prior to attending an SDE Kent 11+ Mock Exam Session.
The ‘series’ of five GL Assessment-style 11+ Mock Exam Sessions in preparation for The Kent Test have been carefully timed to enable you to monitor your child’s progress and to give your child plenty of test paper practice in a formal exam room environment in the months leading up to the real Kent 11+ tests.
1 Session: £70
2 Sessions: £130 (save £10)
3 Sessions: £180 (save up to £30)
4 Sessions: £220 (save up to £60)
5 Sessions: £250 (save up to £100) £230 Early Booking Discount (save up to £120)
Terms and Conditions
All SDE 11+ Mock Exam Sessions are subject to our mock exam terms and conditions which you can view on the booking page.
Please carefully select your dates as we charge an administration fee for amendments and cancellations. Full details can be found in the terms and conditions, which can be viewed on the booking page.
Once you have paid for the Session(s), our system will automatically send you a Receipt and a Booking Confirmation (two separate emails).
How to book
- Review the timetable and click ‘Book Now’;
- Complete the simple Registration Form; and
- Pay for your Session(s) using a credit or debit card.
Simon Langton Grammar School for Boys
|C||Saturday 15th June 2019||10.15AM to 12.45PM||Book Now|
|D||Saturday 20th July 2019||10.15AM to 12.45PM||Book Now|
|E||Saturday 17th August 2019||10.15AM to 12.45PM||Book Now|
Tonbridge Grammar School for Girls
|A||Saturday 11th May 2019||10.15AM to 12.45PM||Sold Out|
|B||Saturday 8th June 2019||10.15AM to 12.45PM||Sold Out|
|C||Saturday 13th July 2019||10.15AM to 12.45PM||Book Now|
|D||Thursday 1st August 2019||10.15AM to 12.45PM||Book Now|
|E||Friday 23rd August 2019||10.15AM to 12.45PM||Book Now|