Franchise opportunities – are you interested in owning and managing a Susan Daughtrey Education tutoring centre in your area?
Susan Daughtrey M.Ed began her teaching career in the 1970’s when she entered the state school system. She taught for several years in the secondary and middle school sectors in both the UK and Canada before leaving to start a family. Susan then returned to teaching in the 1980’s as a private tutor teaching in her own home. Before long Susan’s lessons became so popular that individual tuition gave way to small classes and from there it rapidly grew into a very successful tutorial business allowing Susan to indulge in her passion for teaching but with the flexibility and independence of being self-employed.
Susan’s courses are widely regarded as the “gold standard” in 11+ preparation. Over the years students have flown in from continental Europe, Hong Kong, the USA and Egypt to attend her summer intensive 11+ Courses, and others have travelled long distances from neighbouring counties to attend, typically passing many of SDE’s competitors on their way to the course venue!
Since SDE first began, thousands of students have benefitted from Susan’s tuition, her unique teaching methods, course content and teaching materials. Susan’s courses have an outstanding reputation of producing exceptional results: every year more than 80 per cent. of SDE’s students pass the 11+ and secure a place at grammar school.
Susan published her first series of 7 verbal reasoning ‘Technique and Practice’, ‘Further Practice Exercises’ and ‘Graded Test Papers’ books in 1993, and now, with over 500,000 copies of that initial series having been sold in the UK, Susan Daughtrey has developed a national reputation as a leading authority in 11+ preparation. Susan has subsequently published a series of 10 English books covering all the rules of Spelling, English Grammar and Punctuation. Susan’s latest published books include both 11+ Standard Version and Multiple Choice verbal reasoning test packs adding another dimension to her verbal reasoning series.
In light of the overwhelming success of Susan’s Buckinghamshire 11+ courses, 10 years ago SDE employed and trained other teachers to help deliver SDE course lessons, and in 2013 one of those teachers, Mrs Phillipa Bloom B.Ed, with Susan’s personal help and support and using the SDE course material and lesson preparation, has established her own tutorial business in South West Hertfordshire as the first “SDE franchise”. Since then a further four franchises have been granted in Slough, Reading, Harrow and Finchley, with further franchises planned in the near future.
An SDE franchise offers other teachers the opportunity to develop their own thriving and successful tutorial business – to follow their passion for teaching – combined with the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of independence and the flexibility that self-employment brings.
What are the advantages?
We understand the professional issues and challenges tutors are likely to face in the office, the classroom and when interacting with clients. Becoming an SDE Franchise enables you to use the SDE brand and its know-how, including:
- the teaching methods, lesson preparation and course materials used by SDE;
- the course details, booking forms and terms and conditions you need to contract with clients; and
- the opportunity to benefit from every aspect of the 25+ years of experience SDE has had developing and operating a successful tutoring business.
A franchise is an attractive proposition for many people because of the inter-relationship between the franchisor and the franchisee. You will have access to personalised support, both in the initial business development phase and whenever you need it going forward on a “your business is our business” basis.
We believe that the right candidate for an SDE franchise (see below):
- has a significantly greater chance of developing a successful business as an SDE franchisee, and is likely to make more profit, than if that person were to set up in business on his/her own; and
- in the long term, has the potential to earn significantly more than a salaried teacher.
What qualifications and characteristics are SDE looking for in prospective franchisees?
As a franchisee, you will ultimately be responsible for building your own business upon which your own success will depend (although you will have the benefit of our advice and assistance to help you reach your goals and we will support you every step of the way).
- are a qualified teacher with excellent academic credentials;
- have professional experience and an excellent reputation;
- are passionate about helping each child achieve his / her full potential;
- are compassionate and caring;
- have the desire, determination and motivation to set up and develop your own franchise business;
- have the ability, willingness and patience needed to pursue a long-term commitment;
- are capable of covering up-front costs and funding your own spending needs during the first 6 months of operation;
- can offer tutoring services during out-of-school hours; and
- live or are prepared to travel to an area where there is demand for 11+ tuition
then please complete the form below and a member of the team will be in touch with you soon.
Susan Daughtrey Education is committed to safeguarding children. All positions at SDE are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, satisfactory references and other pre-employment background checking procedures.