GL-style 11+ Mock Exams – Finchley / Mill Hill (Henrietta Barnett Candidates Only)
It was recently announced that the Round One testing arrangements for entry to Henrietta Barnett School in September 2020 (i.e those girls writing the Henrietta Barnett School Round One test in September 2019) are to be provided by GL Assessment (replacing CEM). The Round One test will comprise:
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
SDE’s 2019 11+ Mock Exam papers for September 2019 Henrietta Barnett School 11+ candidates are written by Susan Daughtrey M.Ed, the 11+ tutor and author, to cater to the new Henrietta Barnett School Round One test. Parents can therefore book now with confidence that SDE’s GL-style Henrietta Barnett School 11+ Mock Exams will be the best possible preparation of their daughter for the new format in September.
What is the agenda for each Session?
SDE’s GL-style 11+ Mock Exams for Henrietta Barnett School 11+ candidates will incorporate the following features:
- The test will be one long GL-style test (i.e GL-style format, questions, timing and administration) containing English, Non-Verbal Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning questions only (no Maths);
- The test will be multiple-choice;
- Candidates will be given a question paper (on which they can write their working out) and separate multiple-choice answer sheet for their answers;
- The test will be administered with the use of audio administration which will, among other things, read out the instructions and Examples and time each Section;
- The test will take approximately 90 minutes to administer (and will contain approximately 70 minutes of ‘questions that count’ – the remaining time is spent listening to the audio instructions and completing the Practice questions set out in a short Practice section which precedes each of the three subject Sections).
Please note the testing arrangements for the new HBS Round One exam will be advised to parents in August 2019 (i.e very shortly before the test in September). We cannot guarantee that all of the features of the SDE 11+ Mock Exams set out above will be reflected in the final test. However, based on the published guidance and the familiarisation material already made available by Henrietta Barnett School and our experience in other GL Assessment areas (such as Buckinghamshire and Kent), in our professional opinion, the testing arrangements we have adopted for these special sessions are the most likely arrangements for the real tests this coming September.
Our objective at SDE is to give your daughter the very best possible mock exam preparation for the new Henrietta Barnett Round One test in September 2019. To this end, we will make (and we reserve the right to make) any adjustments to the testing arrangements that we consider appropriate, if it comes to our attention that the final testing arrangements in September differ to the arrangements set out above.
What feedback can I expect after each Session?
Within a few days of the Session we will send to you by email:
- A Letter to Parents providing a detailed description of the type of questions which appeared on the test papers, a Target Mark™ and lists of the more complex vocabulary from the actual test papers;
- A Record Table™ which shows your child’s score in each element of the test papers, a total score for each test and a combined score for the two tests – next to your child’s scores, we also provide the group average score to help you identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses, relative to the other candidates (there are usually many other students to compare your child’s results to as the Sessions are extremely popular); and
- An anonymised List of Scores achieved by other students who have written the same test papers – this will not only enable you to rank your child within the group, but also to see how much improvement is required to progress.
In common with other 11+ mock exam providers and in order to provide parents with accurate feedback, including the child’s rank within the group, please note that the test papers and your child’s multiple-choice answer sheets are NOT released – as well as protecting the copyright in these unique and valuable resources, this is to ensure that no student has seen the test papers prior to attending an SDE mock exam Session.
The ‘series’ of five GL-style 11+ Mock Exam Sessions for Henrietta Barnett School 11+ candidates have been carefully timed to enable you to monitor your daughter’s progress and to give your daughter plenty of test paper practice in a formal exam room environment in the months leading up to the real 11+ tests.
1 Session: £70
2 Sessions: £130 (save £10)
3 Sessions: £180 (save up to £30)
4 Sessions: £220 (save up to £60)
5 Sessions: £250
Terms and Conditions
All SDE 11+ Mock Exam Sessions are subject to our mock exam terms and conditions which you can view on the booking page.
Please note these mock exam sessions are operated by the Susan Daughtrey Education Finchley franchise – SDE (Finchley) LLP. If you wish to book mock exam sessions at other SDE mock exam venues, please make a separate booking for those sessions. Thank you.
Once you have paid for the Session(s), our system will automatically send you a Receipt and a Booking Confirmation (two separate emails).
How to book
- Review the timetable and click ‘Book Now’;
- Complete the simple Registration Form; and
- Pay for your Session(s) using a credit or debit card or by logging into your PayPal account.
|Finchley/ Mill Hill, North London
SPECIAL SESSIONS FOR HENRIETTA BARNETT CANDIDATES ONLY
Copthall school, Pursley Road
|A||Sunday 19th May 2019||10.30AM to 12:30||Sold Out|
|B||Sunday 9th June 2019||10.30AM to 12:30||Sold Out|
|C||Sunday 23rd June 2019||10.30AM to 12:30||Sold Out|
|D||Sunday 7th July 2019||10.30AM to 12:30||Sold Out|
|D||Sunday 14th July 2019||10.30AM to 12:30||Sold Out|
|E||Sunday 11th August 2019||10.30AM to 12:30||Sold Out|
|E||Sunday 18th August 2019||10.30AM to 12:30||Sold Out|