Skip to Mock Exam Venues and DatesGL-style 11+ Mock Exams – Finchley / Mill Hill (Henrietta Barnett Candidates Only)
In 2020, SDE’s GL-style 11+ Mock Exams (for Henrietta Barnett 11+ candidates) take place at our venue in Mill Hill in North London. These Sessions are exclusively for girls preparing to write the GL Assessment 11+ tests in September 2020 for entry to Henrietta Barnett school in September 2021.
Assuming the testing arrangements remain the same as in 2019, Henrietta Barnett operates a two stage testing arrangement, Round One and Round Two.
The Round One test is provided by GL Assessment and comprises one test paper testing the following subjects:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
SDE’s 2020 11+ Mock Exam papers for September 2020 Henrietta Barnett School 11+ candidates (for 2021 admission) are written by Susan Daughtrey M.Ed, the 11+ tutor and author, to cater to the Henrietta Barnett School Round One test.
What is the agenda for each Session?
SDE’s GL-style 11+ Mock Exams for Henrietta Barnett School 11+ candidates incorporate the following features:
- At each Session there is one GL-style test (i.e GL-style format, questions, timing and administration) containing Verbal, Non-Verbal Reasoning and English questions only (no Maths);
- The test are multiple choice;
- Candidates will be given a question paper (on which they can write their working out) and separate multiple-choice answer sheet for their answers;
- The test will be administered with the use of audio administration which will, among other things, read out the Instructions and Examples and time each Section;
- The test will take approximately 90 minutes to administer (and will contain approximately 70 minutes of ‘questions that count’ – the remaining time is spent listening to the audio instructions and completing the Practice questions set out in the short Practice Section which precedes each of the three main subject Sections).
What other features are there?
- SDE’s test papers contain questions which Susan Daughtrey M.Ed expects to be of a similar style and level of difficulty to the questions on the ‘real’ GL 11+ tests for Henrietta Barnett 11+ candidates;
- Students are encouraged to write their working out on the actual question paper (which is securely shredded and recycled after the Session) as they will be permitted to write their working out on the real CEM 11+ test papers;
- Students are instructed to record all their answers on the separate multiple-choice answer sheet;
- The answer sheets are marked accurately and quickly using electronic scanning technology (known as ‘Optical Mark Recognition’ or ‘OMR’) – this enables us to disseminate the results quickly after the test;
- The venues have been carefully appraised by SDE and found to be suitable for 11+ mock exams – we have been running Mock Exams at this venue specially for Henrietta Barnett candidates since 2014; and
- There is a free car park within the school grounds for customer use.
Dynamic Video Tuition™
All of our 2020 GL-style 11+ Mock Exams for Henrietta Barnett 11+ candidates include our unique and innovative Dynamic Video Tuition™ service.
Dynamic Video Tuition™ is a significant video production and IT project, involving the creation of more than 3000 short video tutorials, each typically 1-4 minutes in length, together with an online video streaming platform, so the video tutorials can be watched by you and your child at home. We have created a video tutorial for every question on our series of six GL-style 11+ Mock Exams for Henrietta Barnett 11+ candidates (as well as many of our other exam formats, including SDE GL-style and CEM-style 11+ Mock Exams used in other areas). In the run up to the 2019 11+ exams, our video tutorials were streamed by parents and students over 200,000 times!
Dynamic Video Tuition™ is designed to target your child’s individual learning needs. For each question your child answers incorrectly on the tests our bespoke online software (accessed via your secure parent login to the SDE website) will provide you with access to a data field and a link to a short video, devised and narrated by Susan Daughtrey, which includes:
- The test question number;
- Your child’s wrong answer selection;
- A video tutorial, devised and narrated by Susan Daughtrey M.Ed, which can be streamed from home and which includes the following:
- The test question number, test question and multiple-choice answer options that appeared on the question paper;
- Where relevant (e.g for VR questions), an explanation of the technique or method that Susan Daughtrey recommends your child uses to answer the question, devised and narrated by Susan Daughtrey;
- Where relevant (e.g for Maths questions), working out is shown on screen in a step-by-step fashion, with Susan Daughtrey explaining the process she recommends your child should follow to answer the question correctly; and
- Finally, the correct answer is shown on screen.
You can pause, rewind and re-watch the video tutorials provided as part of the 11+ Mock Exam feedback as many times as you like, until the 11+ exams in September 2020.
Dynamic Video Tuition™ has been devised with the specific objectives of giving your child the opportunity to: (a) learn from their mistakes; and (b) improve future exam performance. This is a unique and innovative resource, which responds to your child’s individual learning requirements by identifying only the questions your child answered incorrectly on the test papers and addressing those wrongly answered questions through the deployment of a video tutorial.
This is simply a fantastic way to revise with your child and was described by one very satisfied 2019 parent, as a “game-changer”.
What other feedback can I expect after each Session?
Feedback is provided via a secure parent login to the SDE website.
This feedback includes:
- A Letter to Parents providing a detailed description of the type of questions which appeared on the test papers, a Target Mark™ and lists of the more complex vocabulary from the actual test papers;
- A Record Table™ which shows your child’s score in each element of the test papers, a total score for each test and a combined score for the two tests. Next to your child’s scores, we also provide the group average score (as well as the “all-time” average score) to help you identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses, relative to the other candidates (there are usually many other students to compare your child’s results to as the Sessions are very popular);
- The Group List of Scores containing the anonymised scores of the students attending the 11+ Mock Exam Session at the same time as your daughter (giving you the most “like-for-like” comparison available as the test papers were sat in the same circumstances);
- Access to our unique and innovative Dynamic Video Tuition™ service detailed above, so you can see exactly which questions your child answered incorrectly and you have access to an expert explanation of how to answer the question which has been devised and narrated by Susan Daughtrey M.Ed.
The ‘series’ of six GL-style 11+ Mock Exam Sessions for Henrietta Barnett 11+ candidates have been carefully timed to enable you to monitor your daughter’s exam performance and to give your daughter plenty of test paper practice in a formal exam room environment in the months leading up to the real 11+ tests. With our Dynamic Video Tuitionservice, your daughter is given the opportunity to learn from her mistakes and to improve future exam performance. Most parents opt for all 6 mock exams, which is our best value package and also attracts a further Early Booking Discount for those who are able to plan well in advance (all tests dates can be amended free of charge – please see below).
1 Session: £75
2 Sessions: £140 (£70 each, save £10)
3 Sessions: £195 (£65 each, save up to £30)
4 Sessions: £240 (£60 each, save up to £60)
5 Sessions: £275 (£55 each, save up to £100) Early Booking Discount – save a further £20 – £255 (£51 each, save up to £120)
6 Sessions: £300 (£50 each, save up to £150) Early Booking Discount – save a further £20 – £280 (£46.67 each, save up to £170)
You can combine these tests with Mock Exams that we run directly at other venues, such as our CEM-style or CSSE-style 11+ mock exams at Redbridge . Simply add these tests to your Cart and continue looking for Mock Exam in other areas. Our best value package is for six SDE 11+ Mock Exams (currently just £280 with our Early Booking Discount).
Terms and Conditions
All SDE 11+ Mock Exam Sessions are subject to our mock exam terms and conditions which you can view on the booking page.
Change of date / time / venue and cancellation
You can make unlimited online changes to your bookings (up to 72 hours before the relevant Session start time) via your secure SDE Account. All online changes of date / time / venue are entirely automated. This service is available to you 24/7 and is free of charge.
If you cancel your booking, we will apply a cancellation charge of £20 to help cover our card processing fees and administration costs. Our fees will also be recalculated if you are cancelling part of a booking (e.g one test in a multiple booking). Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for full details.
Once you have paid for the Session(s), you will automatically receive a Receipt and a Booking Confirmation (two separate emails).
How to book
- Review the timetable and click ‘Book Now’;
- Complete the simple Registration Form; and
- Pay for your Session(s).
|A||Sunday 17th May 2020||10.30am to 1.00pm||Book Now|
|B||Sunday 7th June 2020||10.30am to 1.00pm||Book Now|
|C||Sunday 21st June 2020||10.30am to 1.00pm||Book Now|
|D||Sunday 12th July 2020||10.30am to 1.00pm||Book Now|
|E||Sunday 9th August 2020||10.30am to 1.00pm||Book Now|
|F||Sunday 16th August 2020||10.30am to 1.00pm||Book Now|