11+ Courses – Berkshire (Earley)
SDE 11+ Courses in Berkshire (written by Susan Daughtrey for CEM 11+ candidates)
The 11+ test papers for the Slough Consortium of Grammar Schools, Reading Boys and Kendrick School are provided by CEM Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring.
The Berkshire CEM 11+ tests comprise:
- Verbal Reasoning (including comprehension and vocabulary)
- Numerical Reasoning (Maths)
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
Berkshire SDE 11+ Courses – syllabus and materials
Susan Daughtrey M.Ed, author of the verbal reasoning Technique and Practice series of books, has completely rewritten SDE’s 11+ Courses for the purpose of preparing students for the CEM 11+ tests. This material has not been published and is only available to students enrolled on Susan Daughtrey Education’s 11+ courses.
Year 4 and Year 5 Berkshire 11+ Courses
The following Courses are available at our Earley venue:
- 11+ Foundation Course (30 weeks, January of Year 4 to October of Year 5, 1 hour 30 minutes per week)
- 11+ Foundation Course (fast track) (17 weeks, May of Year 4 to October of Year 5, 1 hour 30 minutes per week)
- 11+ Course (Year 5 students) (32 weeks, October of Year 5 to the 11+ test, 2 hours per week)
- 11+ Refresher Course (this is an intensive revision course reserved for Year 5 students who have attended the term-time SDE 11+ Course)
- 11+ Summer Course (Revision and Testing) (school summer holidays a few weeks before the 11+ test – this Course is open to new students who have not previously studied with SDE)
Full Course Prospectuses are available on request – please complete the form below and we will email the Course details to you by return.
In addition to 11+ Courses, we also offer stand-alone mock exam sessions – for further details please click here.
The Course teachers are carefully selected Key Stage 2 teachers who have many years experience successfully preparing students for the local 11+ tests.
Features of Susan Daughtrey Education Courses in Berkshire
SDE’s Earley 11+ Courses include the following features:
- A Prep-Bag™ containing Course materials is given to each child at the beginning of the Course.
- A Parents’ Meeting giving detailed information about the Courses, and offering parents the opportunity for discussion and to have any queries answered, is held at the beginning of the Year 5 Course.
- The Course focuses on teaching your child the techniques required to successfully approach each type of question.
- Regular ‘mini’ and periodic ‘progress’ tests are administered throughout the Courses to help monitor your child progress.
- Test paper practice sessions are set in class under examination conditions in the final part of the Year 5 Course.
- Holiday homework, to continue familiarity and practice, is set on a scheduled homework programme during Year 5.
The majority of the in-class Course resources have been written by Susan specifically for the Course.
To receive information about SDE 11+ Courses in Earley, please kindly complete the form below. We will contact you as soon as possible.