CEM, who have provided the Slough Consortium and Kendrick 11+ entrance tests since 2014, have recently announced they will not be providing paper-based tests for the September 2023 11+ examinations. SDE will offer suitable Mock Exams as soon as the affected grammar schools in Berkshire (Slough Consortium and Kendrick) have officially confirmed their new format for 2023 (Sept 2024 entry).
To be notified when the 2023 SDE 11+ Mock Exam dates are available to book, please enter your email address below:
In 2022, SDE’s CEM-style 11+ Mock Exams (with Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition®) are taking place in the following locations:
- Slough / Langley, Berkshire
- Winnersh, Berkshire
- Earley, Berkshire
- Redbridge, North-East London
The test papers for these Sessions have been written by Susan Daughtrey M.Ed., the 11+ tutor and author, to help students who are preparing to write the CEM® 11+ tests.
How many Sessions do you offer?
In each location there are seven Sessions: Sessions A – G.
The test papers at each Session are unique (i.e. no repeat questions).
Most parents book all seven Sessions and use the SDE 11+ Mock Exams as part of their child’s final preparation for the 11+ exam – the video tuition is a targeted, user-friendly, stress-free and extremely effective way of helping your child to get ready for the 11+ test.
What is the agenda for each Session?
At each Session we will emulate, as far as reasonably practicable, your child’s most likely experience on the day of the real CEM 11+ tests. To this end, in each location our CEM-style 11+ Mock Exam Sessions, include the following features:
- Two 45 – 50 minute multiple-choice test papers at each Session;
- A short break between the two test papers;
- Individual Sections of the test papers are separately timed; and
- As part of the administration of the tests, we use pre-recorded and pre-timed vocal prompts (broadcast using speakers) to announce, for example, when the student can start each Section of the test.
What other features are there?
- SDE’s test papers contain questions which Susan Daughtrey expects to be of a similar style and level of difficulty to the questions on the ‘real’ CEM 11+ tests (this has been confirmed by many former SDE mock exam students who have written to SDE following the real CEM tests to report that the ‘Susan Daughtrey mock exams were the most like the real CEM tests’);
- SDE’s test papers include a range of verbal reasoning (including English comprehension and vocabulary), numerical reasoning and non-verbal reasoning questions, split into several stand-alone Sections within each test paper and which are individually timed using the pre-recorded audio administration;
- Students are encouraged to write their working out on the actual question papers (which are securely shredded and recycled after the Session) as they will be permitted to write their working out on the real CEM test papers;
- Students are instructed to record all their answers on the separate multiple-choice answer sheet;
- The answer sheets are marked accurately and quickly using electronic scanning technology (known as ‘Optical Mark Recognition’ or ‘OMR’) – this enables us to disseminate the results quickly after the test;
- All venues have been carefully appraised by SDE and found to be suitable for 11+ mock exams; and
- All venues feature plentiful free parking.
What is Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition®
All SDE 2022 CEM-style 11+ Mock Exams include the unique and innovative Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® service as standard.
Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® is a significant video production and IT project, involving the creation of more than 3000 short video tutorials, each typically 1-4 minutes in length, together with an online video streaming platform, so the video tutorials can be watched by you and your child at home. We have created a video tutorial for every question on our series of seven CEM-style 11+ Mock Exams (as well as many of our other exam formats, including for the SDE GL-style 11+ Mock Exam test papers used in Bucks and other areas).
Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® is designed to target your child’s individual learning needs. For each question your child answers incorrectly on the tests our bespoke online software (accessed via your secure parent login to the SDE website) will provide you with access to:
- Your child’s wrong answer selection;
- A link to a short video tutorial, devised and narrated by Susan Daughtrey M.Ed, which can be streamed from home and which includes the following:
- The test question number, test question and multiple-choice answer options that appeared on the question paper;
- Where relevant (e.g for VR questions), an explanation of the technique or method that Susan Daughtrey recommends your child uses to answer the question;
- Where relevant (e.g for Maths questions), working out is shown on screen in a step-by-step fashion, with Susan Daughtrey explaining the process she recommends your child should follow to answer the question correctly; and
- Finally, the correct answer is shown on screen.
You can pause, rewind and re-watch the video tutorials provided as part of the SDE 11+ Mock Exam feedback as many times as you like, until the 11+ exams in September 2022.
Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® has been devised with the specific objectives of giving your child the opportunity to: (a) learn from their mistakes; and (b) improve future exam performance. This is a unique and innovative resource, which responds to your child’s individual learning requirements by identifying only the questions your child answered incorrectly on the test papers and addressing those wrongly answered questions through the deployment of a video tutorial.
This is simply a fantastic way to revise with your child and was described by one very satisfied parent, as a “game-changer”.
What other feedback can I expect after each Session?
Feedback is provided via a secure parent login to the SDE website.
This feedback includes:
- A Letter to Parents providing a detailed description of the type of questions which appeared on the test papers, a Target Mark™ and lists of the more complex vocabulary from the actual test papers;
- A Record Table™ which shows your child’s score in each element of the test papers, a total score for each test and a combined score for the two tests. Next to your child’s scores, we also provide the group average score to help you identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses, relative to the other candidates (there are usually many other students to compare your child’s results to as the Sessions are extremely popular);
- Group List of Scores – this list contains the anonymised scores of the students attending the 11+ Mock Exam Session on the same weekend and usually at the same venue as your child (giving you the most “like-for-like” comparison available as the test papers were written in the same circumstances);
- All Time Lists of Scores – these lists contain the scores of all students who have ever written each set of test papers and is probably the most comprehensive 11+ Mock Exam comparative data available anywhere;
- Access to the unique and innovative Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® service detailed above, so you can see exactly which questions your child answered incorrectly and your child has the benefit of Susan Daughtrey’s explanation of how best to answer the question.
A huge amount of work goes into producing high quality 11+ Mock Exam Papers so please be aware that, in order to protect our intellectual property and to ensure each paper is previously unseen by the students attending the Session, we do not release full Mock Exam papers. However, you will have access to any questions your child answers incorrectly via Dynamic Video Tuition® to allow you to identify and work on their weak areas.
1 Session: £75
2 Sessions: £140 (£70 each, save £10)
3 Sessions: £195 (£65 each, save up to £30)
4 Sessions: £240 (£60 each, save up to £60)
5 Sessions: £275 (£55 each, save up to £100)
6 Sessions: £300 (£50 each, save up to £150)
More than 6 Sessions: £50 each
To take advantage of the discounted rates on multiple exam bookings, you must book all tests for the same child and as a single Order.
You can combine these tests with Mock Exams that we run directly at other venues. Simply add these tests to your Cart and continue shopping for SDE 11+ Mock Exam in other areas.
Terms and Conditions
All SDE 11+ Mock Exam Sessions are subject to our mock exam terms and conditions which you can view on the booking page.
Change of date / time / venue and cancellation
You can make online changes to your bookings (up to 72 hours before the relevant Session start time) via your secure SDE Account. All online changes of date / time / venue are automated. This service is available 24/7and is free of charge.
If you cancel your booking, we will apply a cancellation charge of £20 to help cover our card processing fees and administration costs. Our fees will also be recalculated if you are cancelling part of a booking (e.g one test in a multiple booking). Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for full details and worked examples.
Once you have paid for the Session(s), our system will automatically send you a Receipt and a Booking Confirmation (two separate emails).
How to book
- Review the timetable and click ‘Book Now’;
- Complete the simple Registration Form; and
- Pay for your Session(s) using a credit or debit card.