Skip to Mock Exam Venues and Dates
SW Herts 11+ Mock Verbal Reasoning (GL Assessment-style, multiple-choice) and Maths (GL Assessment-style, multiple-choice) test sessions (reflecting changes to the 2019 SW Herts tests): test papers written by Susan Daughtrey M.Ed. specifically for SW Herts ‘Consortium School’ and Dame Alice Owen 11+ candidates, September 2020.
Who can attend?
The sessions are open to all Year 5 SW Herts 11+ candidates (September 2020), not just to the students enrolled on SDE’s 11+ courses.
What features are included?
The Sessions present an opportunity for your child to write mock 11+ Verbal Reasoning and Maths test papers (both GL Assessment-style, multiple choice) under examination conditions. Each Session lasts two and a half hours.
- The test papers have all been written by Susan Daughtrey M.Ed, the 11+ tutor and author – Susan’s test papers are as close as possible to the “real” SW Herts 11+ tests and have been written specifically for 2020 SW Herts 11+ candidates;
- The mock exam test papers are unpublished and should not have been seen by your child prior to the test;
- The Maths test comprises 50 questions in 50 minutes;
- The Verbal Reasoning test comprises 80 questions in 50 minutes;
- For each test there is a question booklet and separate multiple-choice answer sheet;
- Candidates are permitted to write all of their working out on the question booklet (as they are likely to be able to do in real SW Herts 11+ tests, rather than being provided with rough paper for working out);
- After the Session you will be provided with a detailed Record Table showing your child’s scores, together with a List of Scores (anonymised) so you can see how your child has performed relative to the other students at the Session;
- The test paper, your child’s marked answer sheet and lists of the correct answers will be returned to you within a few days of the tests so you can review the tests and your child’s answers at home, together with your child.
Venue, Costs, Dates & Times
The Sessions will take place in the Great Hall at:
1 Session – £75
2 Sessions – £140 (save £10)
3 Sessions – £195 (save up to £30)
4 Sessions – £240 (save up to £60)
- All SW Herts mock exam sessions are subject to the SW Herts Mock Exam terms and conditions, available to view on the booking page; and
- Once you have made your booking, our system will immediately acknowledge your payment and provide you with confirmation of your booking.