SW Herts 11+ Mock Verbal Reasoning (GL Assessment-style, multiple-choice) and Maths (GL Assessment-style, multiple-choice) test sessions (with Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition®): test papers written by Susan Daughtrey Education specifically for SW Herts ‘Consortium School’ 11+ candidates writing the exam in September 2024.
Who can attend?
The sessions are open to all Year 5 SW Herts 11+ candidates (September 2024), not just to the students enrolled on SDE’s 11+ courses.
What features are included?
The Sessions present an opportunity for your child to write mock 11+ Verbal Reasoning and Maths test papers (both GL Assessment-style, multiple choice) under examination conditions. Each Session lasts two and a half hours.
- The test papers have all been written by Susan Daughtrey Education – the test papers are as close as possible to the “real” SW Herts 11+ tests and have been written specifically for SW Herts 11+ candidates;
- The mock exam test papers are unpublished and should not have been seen by your child prior to the test;
- The Maths test comprises 60 questions in 50 minutes;
- The Verbal Reasoning test comprises 80 questions in 50 minutes;
- For each test there is a question booklet and separate multiple-choice answer sheet;
- Candidates are permitted to write all of their working out on the question booklet (as they are likely to be able to do in real SW Herts 11+ tests, rather than being provided with rough paper for working out);
What feedback can I expect?
- The answer sheets are marked accurately and quickly using electronic scanning technology (known as ‘Optical Mark Recognition’ or ‘OMR’) – this enables us to disseminate the results quickly after the test;
- A Record Table which shows your child’s score in each element of the test papers, a total score for each test and a combined score for the two tests. Next to your child’s scores, we also provide the group average score to help you identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses, relative to the other candidates;
- Group List of Scores – this list contains the anonymised scores of the students attending the 11+ Mock Exam Session on the same weekend and usually at the same venue as your child (giving you the most “like-for-like” comparison available as the test papers were written in the same circumstances);
- Access to the unique and innovative Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® service detailed below, so you can see exactly which questions your child answered incorrectly and your child has the benefit of an explanation of how best to answer the question.
What is Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition®
All SDE 2024 GL-style 11+ Mock Exams include the unique and innovative Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® service as standard.
Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® is a significant video production and IT project, involving the creation of more than 3000 short video tutorials, each typically 1-4 minutes in length, together with an online video streaming platform, so the video tutorials can be watched by you and your child at home. We have created a video tutorial for every question on our series of four SW Herts GL-style 11+ Mock Exams (as well as many of our other exam formats used in other areas).
Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® is designed to target your child’s individual learning needs. For each question your child answers incorrectly on the tests our bespoke online software (accessed via your secure parent login to the SDE website) will provide you with access to:
- Your child’s wrong answer selection;
- A link to a short video tutorial, devised and narrated by Susan Daughtrey Education, which can be streamed from home and which includes the following:
- The test question number, test question and multiple-choice answer options that appeared on the question paper;
- Where relevant (e.g for VR questions), an explanation of the technique or method that we recommend your child uses to answer the question;
- Where relevant (e.g for Maths questions), working out is shown on screen in a step-by-step fashion, with an explanation of the process we recommend your child should follow to answer the question correctly; and
- Finally, the correct answer is shown on screen.
You can pause, rewind and re-watch the video tutorials provided as part of the SDE 11+ Mock Exam feedback as many times as you like, until the 11+ exams in September 2024.
Susan Daughtrey 11+ Dynamic Video Tuition® has been devised with the specific objectives of giving your child the opportunity to: (a) learn from their mistakes; and (b) improve future exam performance. This is a unique and innovative resource, which responds to your child’s individual learning requirements by identifying only the questions your child answered incorrectly on the test papers and addressing those wrongly answered questions through the deployment of a video tutorial.
A huge amount of work goes into producing high quality 11+ Mock Exam Papers so please be aware that, in order to protect our intellectual property and to ensure each paper is previously unseen by the students attending the Session, we do not release full Mock Exam Papers. However, you will have access to any questions your child answers incorrectly via your secure Parent Login to allow you to identify and work on their weak areas.
Venue, Costs, Dates & Times
The Sessions will take place in the Great Hall at:
1 Session – £80
2 Sessions – £150 (save £10)
3 Sessions – £210 (save £30)
4 Sessions – £260 (save £60)
- All SW Herts mock exam sessions are subject to the SW Herts Mock Exam terms and conditions, available to view on the booking page; and
- Once you have made your booking, our system will immediately acknowledge your payment and provide you with confirmation of your booking.
|South West Hertfordshire
The Grand Hall
The Grange Academy
|A||Saturday 11th May 2024||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Book Now|
|A||Saturday 11th May 2024||2.00PM to 4.30PM||Book Now|
|B||Saturday 8th June 2024||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Book Now|
|B||Saturday 8th June 2024||2.00PM to 4.30PM||Book Now|
|C||Saturday 6th July 2024||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Book Now|
|C||Saturday 6th July 2024||2.00PM to 4.30PM||Book Now|
|D||Friday 16th August 2024||10.30AM to 1.00PM||Book Now|
|D||Friday 16th August 2024||2.00PM to 4.30PM||Book Now|